Prep1 hr 10 mins
Quick, easy dessert. They must make millions of these at the Troy Strawberry Festival in Troy Ohio. They say you haven't lived until you've tried one of these! I like them and am going to have them again for a Cinco de Mayo dessert.
- Rinse, hull, and slice strawberries and place in a large bowl.
- Mix with 1/4 cup sugar and stir to blend.
- Allow to sit, refrigerated, until strawberries are juicy, about 1 hour.
- Take a moist paper towel and dab it across the face of the tortilla (until tortilla is slightly damp only).
- Sift confectioners (powdered) sugar all over tortilla until it is reasonably covered.
- Flip over and do other side the same way.
- Take 1/4 of the sugared strawberries and place in the middle of the tortilla.
- Fold up bottom edge and roll up sideways, burrito style.
- Place burrito on serving plate.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a little more sifted confectioners sugar (if desired).
- Repeat with other 3 burritos.
- Serve at once.
This was incredible! I used freshly picked strawberries and made my own sweetened whipped cream with vanilla I bought in Mexico. This was the perfectly simple type of dessert I was hoping for to showcase the flavor of the fresh strawberries. Thank you! Made for the Epicurean Queens, ZWT5: Family Picks.
These were really good, not overly sweet, and really easy! Besides the mess I made with the powdered sugar, very easy clean up too! Imagonna keep this one! Thanks for posting!
These are really good. Like Paula, I just made one for my hubby and had a bite! These are really good. My tortilla was a little tough, but that's not the recipe's fault. I just needed better tortilla's the recipe is great! Made for ZWT5 - Epicurean Queens!