Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, easy dessert. They must make millions of these at the Troy Strawberry Festival in Troy Ohio. They say you haven't lived until you've tried one of these! I like them and am going to have them again for a Cinco de Mayo dessert.
- Rinse, hull, and slice strawberries and place in a large bowl.
- Mix with 1/4 cup sugar and stir to blend.
- Allow to sit, refrigerated, until strawberries are juicy, about 1 hour.
- Take a moist paper towel and dab it across the face of the tortilla (until tortilla is slightly damp only).
- Sift confectioners (powdered) sugar all over tortilla until it is reasonably covered.
- Flip over and do other side the same way.
- Take 1/4 of the sugared strawberries and place in the middle of the tortilla.
- Fold up bottom edge and roll up sideways, burrito style.
- Place burrito on serving plate.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a little more sifted confectioners sugar (if desired).
- Repeat with other 3 burritos.
- Serve at once.
This was incredible! I used freshly picked strawberries and made my own sweetened whipped cream with vanilla I bought in Mexico. This was the perfectly simple type of dessert I was hoping for to showcase the flavor of the fresh strawberries. Thank you! Made for the Epicurean Queens, ZWT5: Family Picks.
These were really good, not overly sweet, and really easy! Besides the mess I made with the powdered sugar, very easy clean up too! Imagonna keep this one! Thanks for posting!
These are really good. Like Paula, I just made one for my hubby and had a bite! These are really good. My tortilla was a little tough, but that's not the recipe's fault. I just needed better tortilla's the recipe is great! Made for ZWT5 - Epicurean Queens!