Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A very delicious and moist Strawberry Bundt Cake. You could certainly make this with strawberry glaze or plain sugared glaze if you wanted to, or even just dust with powdered sugar, but my favorite is the lemon glaze topping as it offsets the sweet strawberry flavor perfectly. This cake is very pretty and goes well for brunches, dinner parties, think pink events, etc. Also, the recipe is for a Bundt cake, but you could easily make a layer cake using two 8" round cake pans instead then use a frosting. ** Note: my oven is gas and cooks quickly, you may need to cook a little longer depending your oven, but basically cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box strawberry cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (heaping tablespoons)
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry (either fresh strawberries pulsed a few times with food processor or strawberry pie filling drained)
- 1 dash cooking spray (Bakers Joy works best)
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered confectioners' sugar (or 2 cups if thicker texture desired)
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Bundt or tube pan with Bakers Joy (or spray two 8" pans with cooking spray to make layer cake).
- Blend together cake mix, oil, water, eggs, and sour cream in large bowl on low speed for 1 minute then medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pulse strawberries a few times until chopped (be careful not to puree them) then stir those into batter by hand then pour batter into Bundt pan (or round pans).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes for bundt pan until done (bake 30 min for round pans). Remove from oven & let cool in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely then glaze by combining the powdered sugar & lemon juice - whisk together until creamy then drizzle over top and sides of cake.
This is a very good cake ! I love that it is not hard to make but,it id really tastey! I made it a couple of weeks ago to take to my aunt at the nursing home. She wanted to have a strawberry cake. She thought that it was so good. I think that is super moist and so simple to make which I love. I will make this cake again. I bet that it would be great when the strawberries are fresh. But that time had aready passed when i found this recipe. I can hardly wait to try it when the season comes back around. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe with us.
Wonderful! Moist and so strawberry!
I used small strawberries that were super dry chopped them up the last minute and folded them in.
I didn't use this glaze, I used Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting, I warmed it in a pot and poured over.