Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweeten up any meal with this delicious dessert. This recipe is from Eating Well.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups strawberries (sliced or diced)
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone (Italian cream cheese)
- Toast bread in a toaster.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over high heat. Add sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and cook, stirring, until the sugar melts and the mixture begins to bubble, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add strawberries and stir until juices begin to exude and the berries are heated through, 30 seconds to 1 minute more.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mascarpone on each piece of toast. Top with the warm berries.
This is lovely! Wonderful blend of flavors and easy to prepare. Thanks for sharing!
What a wonderful little treat! The citrus and brown sugar flavors are a great complement to the strawberries and the creamy mascarpone brings it all together. I know you called this dessert, but I enjoyed it for breakfast. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008