Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so easy and so delicious. I love cream cheese and strawberries, so when I saw this I had to try it. Instead of using store-bought jelly, I had made some sugar-free strawberry freezer jam earlier and that's what I used. Deeelightful! This would be great for a tea party or just a bunch of gals getting together to chat.
- 1 (8 ounce) baguette-style French bread
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jelly
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut bread into 24 slices about 1/4-inch thick. Place in a single layer on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly brown, turning once.
- Stir together cream cheese and honey; spread on one side of each bread slice.
- Arrange strawberry slices on the cheese.
- Heat jelly in a custard cup in a microwave oven on high power for 30 seconds; stir (or heat and stir in a small saucepan until melted). Brush jelly over strawberries.
- Serve with a few whole berries to decorate the tray.
Amy, sweet Amy. . this is wonderful, simply and, relatively cheap~ miss you !
Yum. I cheated and used the honey-nut cream cheese. It was pretty, spring-like and delicious. Thank you "Red E."
Strawberries and cream cheese are always a perfect match and this recipe is a wonderful way to combine them. We used reduced fat cream cheese, sugar free jam, and a light crusty hoagie roll (similar to ciabatta bread) for the toast. This recipe is very yummy and a definite keeper! Thanks for sharing. :)