Recipe by Marie
A simple yummy treat of buttered toasted Italian bread topped with fresh sliced strawberries, then sprinkled with sugar and broiled until the sugar carmelizes. Super easy and delicious!
Top Review by Ducky
Nice little treat with a great taste! I diced the strawberries and just spooned them over the bread and sprinkled on the sugar. I didn't need all 12 strawberries or all the sugar. Only problem for me was that the bread began to burn a bit even on lo broil. Will have this tasty treat often. Thanks.
- 4 slices Italian bread, sliced 1/2 " thick
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast both sides of the Italian bread under the broiler until lightly browned.
- Remove and spread butter on one side of the bread.
- Arrange strawberries on top of each slice of the buttered side of the bread.
- Sprinkle strawberries with the sugar and place back in the broiler until sugar starts to carmelize (about 2 to 3 minutes).