Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
A simple yummy treat of buttered toasted Italian bread topped with fresh sliced strawberries, then sprinkled with sugar and broiled until the sugar carmelizes. Super easy and delicious!
- 4 slices Italian bread, sliced 1/2 " thick
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Toast both sides of the Italian bread under the broiler until lightly browned.
- Remove and spread butter on one side of the bread.
- Arrange strawberries on top of each slice of the buttered side of the bread.
- Sprinkle strawberries with the sugar and place back in the broiler until sugar starts to carmelize (about 2 to 3 minutes).
Nice little treat with a great taste! I diced the strawberries and just spooned them over the bread and sprinkled on the sugar. I didn't need all 12 strawberries or all the sugar. Only problem for me was that the bread began to burn a bit even on lo broil. Will have this tasty treat often. Thanks.