1/1 Photo of Strawberry Brunch Cake
This is a super easy recipe for when you want something impressive for Sunday morning breakfast or brunch. For the pancake mix, use a brand such as Aunt Jemima that is made with milk and eggs. It will ensure that the texture is nice and fluffy. This is wonderful served with maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Pour the melted butter into the bottom of a 9" cake pan.
- 3Either brush or use a paper towel to make sure the butter coats the sides and bottom of the pan.
- 4Before putting in the pan, taste the strawberries. If they are not sweet enough, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar over the bottom of the pan.
- 5Line the bottom of the pan with the strawberries, covering all of the surface. If necessary, scatter any remaining strawberry slices over top of the first layer.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In a large bowl, using a fork or whisk, stir the pancake mix with the eggs and milk. Beat well to remove all lumps.
- 8Pour over the berries and immediately bake in the centre of the oven until the sides begin to pull away from the pan and the cake is a deep golden brown, from 30 to 35 minutes.
- 9Immediately run a knife around the edge of the cake and invert the cake onto a flat plate.
- 10Dust the top with icing sugar.
- 11Serve right away.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Brunch Cake
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 478.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g