Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
How can you beat the unbeatable combination of chocolate and strawberries! Found on a can of Eagle Brand years ago
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (4 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Grease two 9" round layer cake pans.
- Line with wax paper, extending up sides of pans; grease wax paper Prepare brownie mix as pkg directs for cake like brownies; pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
- Cool In a large bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and water, beat in pudding mix.
- Chill 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place 1 brownie layer on serving plate.
- Top with half each the pudding mixture and strawberries.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
This was simple and turned out very pretty. My only complaint is that the pudding mixture was extremely sweet. I think next time I may just prepare the instant pudding, stir in the cool whip, and then use that mixture. The condensed milk just made it way too sweet for us. I took this to dinner at a friend's house and everyone was impressed with the looks and overall taste. I guess the sweetness factor is just my own personal preference. Thanks for a great dessert!
I make this in a 9 x 13 pan instead, but it is delicious!