Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my take on a recipe by Chef Andrew Sutton....his is so much more complex. I broke this down into many steps for ease of understanding but it is really a simple preparation.
- 19 7⁄8 ounces brownie mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced, divided
- 1⁄2 gallon low-fat vanilla ice cream, soften
- 1⁄2 cup caramel sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, substitute*
- Prepare brownie mix following package directions or make your own. Do not add any extra ingredients, such as nuts or chips.
- Bake and set aside to cool.
- In small saucepan, place 1 cup strawberries, sugar, vanilla, juice, and salt.
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, then pour over 21/2 cups of sliced strawberries and allow to macerate for about one hour.
- Cut brownies into bite-size cubes.
- In bottom of clear glass bowl, place 2 cups of strawberries. Follow with the cubed brownies.
- Add 1/2 half of the soften ice cream over brownies and spread to seal.
- Place bowl in refrigerator or freezer until ice cream is firm (freezing is not needed).
- Drizzle caramel sauce over top.
- Add rest of ice cream, sealing top.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over top. Freeze.
- When ready to serve, top with rest of berries and some whipped topping as desired.
- * Make sure to read box for directions as to how much equals 1/2 cup.
Ooooh, this was so yummy! We couldn't wait to freeze so we put it all together and quickly ate it! Thanks Happy Harry, you definately made us happy!