1/2 Photos of Strawberry Brownie Delight
4 hrs 20 mins
I got this out of a Pillsbury cookbook. The original recipe called for raspberries, but I like strawberries better so I used them. This recipe uses brownie mix but you could probably sub in your favorite recipe if you wanted. Total time includes chilling time. It is pretty rich but very good. i really like the combo of the cool filling and the chewy brownie. I have this as 16 servings b/c you'll want to cut them small b/c they are rich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup white vanilla chip, melted
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan OR a 12x8 inch baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs.
- 4Beat approx 50 strokes by hand.
- 5Stir in chocolate chunks.
- 6Spread batter in greased pan.
- 7Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 8Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- 9In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- 10Stir in melted vanilla chips.
- 11Fold in 1/3 of whipped cream.
- 12Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- 13Reserve 1 cup mixture for piped edge.
- 14Spread remaining mixture over brownie.
- 15Using cake decorating bag with a star tip, pipe decorative border around edge of brownie, making sure border doesn't touch the edge of the pan.
- 16Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 17Meanwhile in food processor OR blender, process strawberries until smooth.
- 18Strain to remove seeds.
- 19In a small saucepan, combine 3 Tbsp sugar and cornstarch.
- 20Stir in strawberry puree.
- 21Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- 22Cool to room temperature.
- 23About 1 hour before serving, arrange fresh strawberries over filling.
- 24Refrigerate until serving time.
- 25With a sharp knife, loosen dessert from sides of pan.
- 26Cut into wedges.
- 27Serve with a drizzle of strawberry sauce over each piece.
- 28Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Brownie Delight
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.0
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 145.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g