Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this out of a Pillsbury cookbook. The original recipe called for raspberries, but I like strawberries better so I used them. This recipe uses brownie mix but you could probably sub in your favorite recipe if you wanted. Total time includes chilling time. It is pretty rich but very good. i really like the combo of the cool filling and the chewy brownie. I have this as 16 servings b/c you'll want to cut them small b/c they are rich.
- 1 (19 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vanilla chip, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan OR a 12x8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs.
- Beat approx 50 strokes by hand.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spread batter in greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stir in melted vanilla chips.
- Fold in 1/3 of whipped cream.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture for piped edge.
- Spread remaining mixture over brownie.
- Using cake decorating bag with a star tip, pipe decorative border around edge of brownie, making sure border doesn't touch the edge of the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile in food processor OR blender, process strawberries until smooth.
- Strain to remove seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine 3 Tbsp sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in strawberry puree.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Cool to room temperature.
- About 1 hour before serving, arrange fresh strawberries over filling.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- With a sharp knife, loosen dessert from sides of pan.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with a drizzle of strawberry sauce over each piece.
- Store in refrigerator.
This is outstanding! Don't be overly concerned with the steps. It takes a while to make but only because you really need the brownie to be cooled before moving on. I'm making this for a second time tonight to take to work tomorrow! Thanks Zaney1!