Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - Mexico, Courtesy of Mission Foods. This nice light refreshing crepe, has no cooking time. It doesn't get any nicer than this.
- 8 tortillas
- 10 ounces frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup strawberry, fresh, sliced
- 1 cup fresh peach, fresh, chopped
- 1 kiwi, large, peeled, cut into 8 slices (or two small kiwi)
- 4 strawberries, large, sliced
- Thaw the frozen strawberries and puree in a blender until smooth. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup cottage cheese.
- Place 2 tablespoons each of sliced strawberries and chopped peaches over the cottage cheese.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of strawberry sauce over each tortilla.
- Spoon an additional tablespoon of sauce onto each serving plate, roll up the tortilla and place seam side down on serving plate.
- Top each tortilla with remaining strawberry sauce and garnish with sliced kiwi and strawberries.
I made these in the style of Jewish blintzes: lightly steam *flour* tortillas. Next I added a spoonful of Nancy's cottage cheese (which had a pinch of ground cinnamon), fresh strawberries pureed in a food processor with 1 tablespoon local wildflower honey, 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar (another nod to Mèxico), 2 tablespoons locally made rose petal jam and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste. Spooned over the cottage cheese. Rolled up, seam side down then fried in oil/butter in a cast iron skillet until golden brown. Drain. Garnished with about 2 tablespoons leftover strawberry puree, powdered sugar, toasted sliced almonds, orange zest. FLOUR tortillas strongly suggested- *not* corn. Made for Bevy Tag. ¡Gracias!
Delicious and healthy breakfast! I made one crepe using a high fibre tortilla, fat-free cottage cheese and President's Choice Twice the Fruit Strawberry Spread in place of the frozen strawberries in syrup. I loved the combination of strawberries, kiwi and peaches. Yum. Made for ZWT8.