Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Move over banana bread, here's a tasty fruit bread that will compete for top honors!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen whole strawberries, thawed, drained
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease bottoms only of two 9x5- or 8x4-inch loaf pans with shortening; lightly flour.
- Slightly mash strawberries; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix sugar and oil.
- Stir in eggs until well blended.
- Stir in strawberries until well mixed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts just until moistened.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
- **Cook time does not include cooling for 2 hours before slicing.