Recipe by Divinemom5
This is really good for baby or wedding showers.My kids also like to pack it in their lunchbox as a dessert or snack.I just wrap the finished "sandwiches"individually and keep them in the freezer.
Top Review by Sackville
This was great! I made it with fresh strawberries and cut the fat by substituting an equal amount of applesauce for the oil. It still looked superb, turned out very moist and I'd definitely make it again. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed,reserving 1/2 cup juice
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl,form well in center.
- Pour in liquid ingredients.
- Stir by hand.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Cool and wrap in foil and freeze.
- Slice into thin slices while frozen.
- Combine cream cheese and reserved strawberry juice.
- Spread mixture between 2 slices of bread.
- Refrigerate,or refreeze.