Recipe by Jennifer Bennifer
My family has been making this for years, we love it. I’m sure you will too. Thanks for the great reviews. You must try the strawberry butter. I like the butter to be very cold or frozen when I eat it on the warm bread. I know the bread is good on its own, but it is excellent with the butter. It is definately worth your time and extra strawberries to make the butter. I'm sure it would make good french toast. I've never tried it, because it doesn't last long enough in my house for me to make french toast out of it. Enjoy!
- 354.88 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml oil
- 283.49 g packagewhole frozen strawberries, thawed & drained (they will mash in the mixer)
- 283.49 g package strawberries, thawed & drained
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt & soda.
- Combine eggs, oil & strawberries.
- Add to dry ingredients. Use a mixer and mix together.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9”x5” loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 mins or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean.
- Serve with strawberry butter.
- Combine ingredients & blend with mixer. Serve with strawberry bread & enjoy.
- Note: This makes a lot more than needed for 1 loaf of bread. Store in a container in the freezer when not using. It lasts for a long time in the freezer. No need to thaw before next use. Just scrape some off with a butter knife and spread. (I like it better when it is a little frozen.).