Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
My family has been making this for years, we love it. I’m sure you will too. Thanks for the great reviews. You must try the strawberry butter. I like the butter to be very cold or frozen when I eat it on the warm bread. I know the bread is good on its own, but it is excellent with the butter. It is definately worth your time and extra strawberries to make the butter. I'm sure it would make good french toast. I've never tried it, because it doesn't last long enough in my house for me to make french toast out of it. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 (10 ounce) packagewhole frozen strawberries, thawed & drained (they will mash in the mixer)
- 1 (10 ounce) package strawberries, thawed & drained
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt & soda.
- Combine eggs, oil & strawberries.
- Add to dry ingredients. Use a mixer and mix together.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9”x5” loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 mins or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean.
- Serve with strawberry butter.
- Combine ingredients & blend with mixer. Serve with strawberry bread & enjoy.
- Note: This makes a lot more than needed for 1 loaf of bread. Store in a container in the freezer when not using. It lasts for a long time in the freezer. No need to thaw before next use. Just scrape some off with a butter knife and spread. (I like it better when it is a little frozen.).
Tasted great! Everyone loved it. The butter was great too, but it didn't look good, but it tasted great.
This was easy to make, pretty to look at, and absolutely fabulous to eat! I made two loaves and the butter. Moist, dense, and flavorful...will make it often this strawberry season :)
WOW, this bread is great on it's own. Very very moist. Everyone in my family loved it. I made the strawberry butter also and my grown daughters were eating it on everything, inlcuding the dinner rolls. Simply put, this is one of the best breads I've ever made and will be making this one over and over. Great use for the flat of strawberries I bought from the Ponchatoula strawberry festival. I made two loaves and wish I had made more. Watch out though because that strawberry butter is addictive, just ask my daughters. Thanks Jennifer for posting this great recipe