After two visits to pick strawberries this week, I'm making everything from strawberry shortcakes to this delicious strawberry bread. It's very similar to zucchini bread, and I've altered it a bit by using a little applesauce along with oil, and including whole wheat flour. It is moist and delicious, especially warmed a bit with a spread of butter on top. It also makes a great gift, and freezes well too! This Strawberry Bread recipe makes 2 loaves, so enjoy one and freeze the other. Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- 3Add a little sugar to strawberries in medium-sized bowl and set aside while preparing bread mixture.
- 4Combine flours, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in larger mixer bowl; mix well.
- 5Blend oil and beaten eggs into strawberries.
- 6Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture on low speed, blending just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 7Divide batter into prepared pans.
- 8Bake for 45 to 50 minutes (metal pan closer to 45, stoneware pan closer to 50-55) until toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Let cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, invert onto cooling rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Bread Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 326.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g