Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (Thawed)
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooking oil or 1 1⁄4 cups melted butter or 1 1⁄4 cups melted margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄4 cups chopped cashews or 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
Time listed was too long, checked bread after 30 minutes, appeared to be done (used toothpick test.) Flavor was average.
Wow. This bread is amazing! I found this recipe after going grocery shopping and buy too much to fit my frozen strawberries in the freezer... I hope I do that again! The bread is moist, full of flavor, and the aroma fills the house with an awesome "fall" smell. I only made one loaf, but added 1 1/2 cups of Strawberries for extra taste. VERY TASTY!! I'll definatly make it again!
I have not tried this recipe. My copy is slightly different. My copy calls for 3/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 3 eggs, 1 1/2-2 c sliced strawberries, 1 1/2 cup oil, and 1 cup chopped walnuts. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)