Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious and different. Freezes well.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen sliced strawberries, thawed (do not drain)
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Stir in oil, eggs and strawberries until well blended.
- Add nuts.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes 2 regular or 4 small loaves.
LorenLou, thanks so much for this excellent recipe! I followed your directions, though I used vegetable oil in place of the canola and I used a 'baker's mix' in place of the chopped pecans. The baker's mix is a chopped nut mixture of pecans, walnuts, cashews and peanuts. This bread is SO delicious! It's a family favorite already, I'll be making this often. Thanks so much!