Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moist and delicious. Freezes beautifully.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 425.24 g frozen unsweetened strawberries, cut up
- 4 eggs, well-beaten
- 295.73 ml cooking oil
- 295.73 ml chopped walnuts or 295.73 ml pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 8"X4"X3" loaf pans.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Put strawberries (thawed), eggs, oil and nuts in the well.
- Mix thoroughly into a nice batter.
- Pour into two loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 5-10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on racks.
I'm always looking for a snack that doesn't make me feel so bad after having eaten it! I used frozen, unsweetened strawberries. I let them thaw and also used the juice. My substitutes were as follows: 1 egg and 3/4 c. egg substitute, 1/4 c. oil and 1 c. unsweetened applesauce, 1.5 c. white flour and 1.5 c. whole wheat flour, 1 c. sugar and 1 c. Splenda, added 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 7 tsp. ground flax seed meal. My husband and I just gave it a taste test and it's wonderful-even with the modifications! Moist, yummy and good strawberry flavor. Will definitely make this again!
I made this exactly as written & it is wonderful!! I made two loaves last night - one as a gift, the other for my hubby & I. It is SO good!! I've got two more in the oven right now, to give as last minute gifts. I made strawberry butter to go with it (below) & it made it just that much better!!
1 10-ounce package frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
1 cup (2 sticks) unsweetened butter, room temperature
3/4 cup powdered sugar
Combine all ingredients in mixer. Blend until smooth, scraping bowl occasionally, about 5 minutes (this is VERY important, in order to blend well). Transfer strawberry butter to medium bowl. Cover and chill. (Can be made 5 days ahead. Keep chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
This is an awesome strawberry bread! Very very tasty! Thanks for posting! It went very well at my house and everyone said it was really cinnamon-ey and very good!:)