Recipe by cuisinebymae
Moist and delicious. Freezes beautifully.
Top Review by chalogias sorrentino
I'm always looking for a snack that doesn't make me feel so bad after having eaten it! I used frozen, unsweetened strawberries. I let them thaw and also used the juice. My substitutes were as follows: 1 egg and 3/4 c. egg substitute, 1/4 c. oil and 1 c. unsweetened applesauce, 1.5 c. white flour and 1.5 c. whole wheat flour, 1 c. sugar and 1 c. Splenda, added 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 7 tsp. ground flax seed meal. My husband and I just gave it a taste test and it's wonderful-even with the modifications! Moist, yummy and good strawberry flavor. Will definitely make this again!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 ounces frozen unsweetened strawberries, cut up
- 4 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooking oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄4 cups pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 8"X4"X3" loaf pans.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Put strawberries (thawed), eggs, oil and nuts in the well.
- Mix thoroughly into a nice batter.
- Pour into two loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 5-10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on racks.