Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is an easy to make bread--and very tasty.
Top Review by Andreazaar
This was so good! Thanks Darlene! I have never made Strawberry Bread, but this is a keeper! One thing I adjusted was that I used Splenda instead of Sugar and I also used 1 cup apple sauce and 1/4 cup oil to try to make it a bit healthier. It turned out simply marvelous! Thanks again!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts
- 2 (10 ounce) packagessliced strawberries
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Mix strawberries, eggs and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir carefully.
- Put batter in 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 1 hour. Insert toothpick in middle of bread; if it comes out clean bread is done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.