Recipe by Michigan Dreamer
I have not tried this recipe yet. It came from DH's Grandma's collection. It is from a newspaper, and I don't know which one. I am posting this on request.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries, undrained or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, oil and eggs together.
- Add strawberries and lemon juice.
- In separate bowl sift together flour, soda, salt and spices.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into strawberry mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add nuts.
- Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour.