Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9x5 loaf pans; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine strawberries, eggs and oil.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and nuts.
- Add strawberry mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Makes 2 loaves.
Thought this one sounded the best out of all the strawberry bread recipes. Used fresh strawberries instead of frozen. Pureed 3/4 of the strawberries and the finely chopped the rest. Used a bundt pan instead of loaf (didn't have one). I have to say it came out ok not great but ok. Was very moist. I think maybe my strawberrys weren't sweet enough. The bread really didn't have much flavor.
I called this wonderful concoction strawberry cake and no one argued with me. I pureed 20 oz of fresh strawberries and poured the batter into a bundt pan and baked it for the same 60 minutes. Terrific.