Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from "Any Blonde Can Cook."
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, reserve 1/2 cup juice for spread
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- Mix all ingredients, except strawberry juice and cream cheese.
- Pour batter into 2 well-greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Blend cream cheese with reserved strawberry juice.
- Spread on loaves of bread.
This recipe makes a great Strawberry bread. I took it to a potluck brunch and it was very popular, every bite was eaten. Thanks for sharing.