Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Helton House Bed & Breakfast AUTHOR: Patti Barrett
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs (well-beaten)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, chopped
- Stir dry ingredients in large bowl making a well in the center of mixture.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour into well. Stir enough to dampen all ingredients.
- Pour into greased, lightly floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees - 45 minutes to 1 hour, or when done. Cool before removing from pan.
This is a good bread! I used fresh strawberries and only 2 tsp cinnamon (that is all I had left) but otherwise made as is. Moist and fresh tasting with the chunks of strawberries throughout. Made for I Recommend Tag.
Wonderful tasting bread & so easy to make, too! I did go with the frozen berries, but, as with others, I'd be happy to try it with fresh ones when I get some that have great taste! Made your recipe as given & don't think I'd change a thing! Thanks for a great treat! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
Delicious strawberry bread!! I made to take for a pot-luck and made only half a recipe. Since I only had one egg, that is all I used. It was a little crumbly, but held together okay and tasted great. Very moist, tasty bread. Thanks for posting!