Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From my "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes from Edina, MN in 1995. Make 2, 9x5 inch loaves; 40 slices, 20 per loaf.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 3 eggs (or egg substitute to equal 3 eggs)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a separate small bowl, mix remaining 5 ingredients together.
- Pour fruit mixture into well and gently stir by hand.
- Coat two non-stick bread pans (9x5 inch) with cooking spray and pour mixture into the pans evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing.