Prep 15 mins
Cook 3600 hrs
Posted in reply to a message board request for "Fruit Liqueur/Brandy." Note:Use only fully ripened, unblemished fruit. Cooking time = fermenting time
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, washed,stems and hulls removed and crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (750 ml) bottle vodka or 1 (750 ml) bottle brandy
- Use only fully ripened, unblemished fruit.
- Wash and remove stems/hulls.
- Chop and mash fruit.
- Place in a plastic container or large glass bottle.
- Dissolve sugar in the vodka or brandy.
- Pour over the fruit.
- Cover and let sit in a cool dark place for 4 to 6 months.
- Strain out the fruit and bottle.
- Your fruit brandy is ready to drink!