The addition of the bran makes this fruit smoothie a little different and a lot healthier. Note that you can use any frozen fruit in this; it's best if you use fruit you've frozen yourself (just do it the night before, if you wish, so you can make this for breakfast).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prepare the berries, slice fresh strawberries and lay them out individually on plates or small cookie sheets; stash in the freezer until frozen. Either use them right away in this recipe or store frozen strawberry slices in a ziploc freezer bag for future use.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- 3Taste; add more honey if desired.
- 4Serve right away or keep chilled until ready to serve (best if served right away, though).
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Bran Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 46.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 77.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat vanilla yogurt