Recipe by Lennie
The addition of the bran makes this fruit smoothie a little different and a lot healthier. Note that you can use any frozen fruit in this; it's best if you use fruit you've frozen yourself (just do it the night before, if you wish, so you can make this for breakfast).
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This was so delicious Lennie! I made this for my DH, and took it to him today in a cooler cup, he really enjoyed it! I used a frozen banana, omitted the bran and added more honey than the recipe called for. I actually doubled the recipe and stored the rest in the freezer for myself tonight. I will make this again! thank you Lennie!....Kitten:)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries (see directions)
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon natural bran
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the berries, slice fresh strawberries and lay them out individually on plates or small cookie sheets; stash in the freezer until frozen. Either use them right away in this recipe or store frozen strawberry slices in a ziploc freezer bag for future use.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Taste; add more honey if desired.
- Serve right away or keep chilled until ready to serve (best if served right away, though).