Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A unique berry dessert
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- red food coloring
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Coat a 9cup glass bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Line with plastic wrap. set aside. Process strawberries in food processor with 1/4 cup of the sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- In top of double boiler over simmering water, whisk together egg yolks, eggs, and ramining sugar until smooth. Whisk in wine and continue to whisk until 160 degrees and mixture has the consistency of honey.
- Place top of double boiler in ice bath; whisk until cool. Stir in straberry puree. Split mixture between 2 bowls. Tiont mixture in one bowl with red food coloring.
- beat cream in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold half of the cream into the untinted mixture and half into the red tinted mixture. Pour the red tinted mixture into the prepared bowl. Stir in the untinted mixture and swirl. Cover and freeze overnight.
- To serve, allow bombe to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. gently lift plastic wrap to losen bombe. Invert onto serving platter and remove bowl. Peel off plastic and smooth surface with spatula, if desired.
- Garnish with berries and mint.