1/2 Photos of Strawberry Blueberry Muffins
Strawberry muffins with bursts of Blueberries. I found this recipe in Wegmans Nature's Marketplace magazine. My family liked this recipe. When I made these muffins I used Splenda in place of the sugar with no problems. I also used frozen Strawberries and Blueberries. The Strawberries I thawed but the Blueberries I left frozen to help prevent them from getting mushy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- canola oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with canola oil spray and set aside.
- 2In medium bowl, whisk together oil, applesauce, sugar, and eggs. Add vanilla, blueberries, and strawberries.
- 3In separate bowl, blend together flours, baking powder, and salt. Fold in half the flour mixture and then half the milk. Add remaining flour and milk, folding in just until blended.
- 4Scoop batter into prepared tin. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- 5Allow muffins to cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 127.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g