Strawberry muffins with bursts of Blueberries. I found this recipe in Wegmans Nature's Marketplace magazine. My family liked this recipe. When I made these muffins I used Splenda in place of the sugar with no problems. I also used frozen Strawberries and Blueberries. The Strawberries I thawed but the Blueberries I left frozen to help prevent them from getting mushy.
- canola oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with canola oil spray and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together oil, applesauce, sugar, and eggs. Add vanilla, blueberries, and strawberries.
- In separate bowl, blend together flours, baking powder, and salt. Fold in half the flour mixture and then half the milk. Add remaining flour and milk, folding in just until blended.
- Scoop batter into prepared tin. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Allow muffins to cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.