Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a delightful light dessert or even an appetizer for a light lunch or brunch.
- 12 large fresh strawberries, washed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish) (optional)
- Remove stems from strawberries to form a flat base. Place berries on cutting surface, pointed end facing up. With a sharp knife, carefully slice each berry in half vertically to within a 1/4 inch of base. Cut each half into three wedges to form 6 petals. (Don't slice through the base.) Pull petals apart slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and sour cream; beat until light and fluffy. With a pastry bag and star tip or small spoon, fill strawberries with cream cheese mixture.
- Notes & Options:.
- A plastic zipper sandwich bag can be used instead of a pastry bag by filling with cream cheese mixture and squeezing out excess air before sealing. Carefully cut one corner off of the bottom of the bag and squeeze mixture out through the cut.
these are wonderful and disappear very quickly, everyone loves them!!