Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From momsmenu.com. Sure to please young and old alike!
- 12 large fresh strawberries, rinsed, stemmed
- 1 (3 ounce) full fat package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hazelnut extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- mint leaf
- hazelnuts, chopped and roasted
- Note: A Ziploc-type sandwich bag can be used instead of a pastry bag to fill the strawberries. Place the filling in the bag, then squeeze out the excess air before sealing. Carefully snip off corner of the bottom of the bag.
- Remove stems from strawberries to form a flat base by cutting off horizontally a very thin top layer of each strawberry.
- Place berries on cutting surface, pointed end facing up. With a sharp knife, carefully slice each berry in half vertically to within a 1/4 inch of base. Cut each half into three wedges to form 6 petals. *DO NOT* slice through the base. Pull petals apart slighly and very carefully.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream and extract; beat until light and fluffy.
- Fill strawberries with cream cheese mixture using a a pastry bag with star tip, ziploc bag or small spoon.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, garnish each strawberry with a small mint leaf and a sprinkle of roasted hazelnuts.