Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
They were a big hit at my sister bridal shower. They were so good for an appetizer. Try them.
- 12 large fresh strawberries, washed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish) (optional)
- Remove stems from strawberries to form a flat base. Place berries on cutting surface, pointed end facing up. With a sharp knife, carefully slice each berry in half vertically to within a 1/4 inch of base. Cut each half into three wedges to form 6 petals. (Don't slice through the base.) Pull petals apart slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and sour cream; beat until light and fluffy. With a pastry bag and star tip or small spoon, fill strawberries with cream cheese mixture.
This is really a quick dish to put together. Plus it tastes just yummy.Now I didn't have any fresh mint leaves but I found fresh strawberries and I had cream cheese and sour cream. I added a drop of red food coloring into the cream mixture. I prepared for PAC Fall 07. I will make again. Very good. Thanks for posting.