Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Best of Country Cooking 1999. Recipe submitted by Elaine Gagnon of Rhode Island. These biscuits are very good with ice cream and strawberries.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup ice cream
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the milk until a thick batter forms.
- Drop four mounds of batter onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Layer biscuits with berries and ice cream in bowls.