1/4 Photos of Strawberry Bavarian Pie
24 hrs 30 mins
This recipe comes from Not Just Cheesecake! a low-fat, low-cholesterol, low-calorie dessert cookbook. It is wonderful! This is made with yogurt cheese and produces a very creamy low-fat pie. The longer you strain the yogurt the more whey is released and the firmer the cheese. I have been making it for years and use my microwave graham cracker crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The day before making the pie, strain the yogurt by straining through a cheese cloth lined mesh strainer or using a yogurt cheese funnel.
- 2Discard whey and reserve the yogurt cheese for the pie.
- 3Wash strawberries, hull and slice.
- 4Sprinkle with sugar or a mixture of sugar and Splenda.
- 5Taste for sweetness and adjust sweetening as necessary for personal taste.
- 6Soften the gelatin in 1/4 cup of water for 5 minutes.
- 7Heat the remaining 1/2 cup water, add the gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- 8Gradually stir gelatin mixture into sweetened strawberries, add yogurt cheese and stir gently with a fork until well blended.
- 9Pour into a 9-inch prepared graham cracker pie crust that is thoroughly cooled.
- 10Refrigerate until firm; at least 3 to 4 hours.
- 11Please Note: Straining the yogurt will take 12 to 24 hours and while straining the yogurt should be placed in refrigerator for safe keeping.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Bavarian Pie
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 208.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g