Recipe by BecR
This dressing has a light, fluffy texture and is wonderful served with fresh fruit such as orange wedges, fresh strawberries, apple wedges, and pear wedges. Perfect for a spring celebration or Easter Brunch! From Better Homes and Gardens- March, 1982.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries (or frozen unsweetened strawberries)
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- fresh fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw strawberries, if frozen. Crush 1/2 cup of the strawberries.
- In small saucepan soften gelatin in crushed berries and sherry. Cook and stir over low heat till gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Place gelatin mixture in blender container or food processor bowl; cover and blend on high speed for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Add sugar, egg, and vanilla; cover and blend 5 seconds.
- Add remaining berries; blend 5 seconds more.
- With blender or food procesor running, add whipping cream; continue blending 20 to 30 seconds more.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
- Prep time does not include chill time.
- Makes about 2 cups.