This is another great recipe out of an old Betty Crocker cookbook dated 1969. This is a very easy and tasty dessert. I hope you enjoy it. Prep time does not include chill time.
- Drain strawberries, reserving syrup.
- Pour boiling water over gelatin in bowl, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add enough cold water to reserved syrup to measure 1 cup; stir into dissolved gelatin. Chill until almost set.
- Beat gelatin until foamy. Fold whipped cream and thawed strawberries into gelatin. Pour into 1 quart mold or into individual dessert dishes and chill until firm.
- Unmold; if desired, serve with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with strawberries or other fruits.