Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another great recipe out of an old Betty Crocker cookbook dated 1969. This is a very easy and tasty dessert. I hope you enjoy it. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin (I use sugar free)
- 1 cup whipped cream, chilled (I use cool whip)
- Drain strawberries, reserving syrup.
- Pour boiling water over gelatin in bowl, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add enough cold water to reserved syrup to measure 1 cup; stir into dissolved gelatin. Chill until almost set.
- Beat gelatin until foamy. Fold whipped cream and thawed strawberries into gelatin. Pour into 1 quart mold or into individual dessert dishes and chill until firm.
- Unmold; if desired, serve with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with strawberries or other fruits.
My Mom's favorite to make.Will make it this year in her honor.
Super quick, light, fluffy and it tastes like strawberries. Whats not to love? :D
What a lovely dessert, light, flavorful and refreshing. Just a perfect ending to our heavy meal. It was quick and easy to make with great results. Pretty to look at also. I love that it uses ingredients that I always have on hand. Next time I will add some sugar to the mix. I used berries that I picked and froze this summer. Thanks for sharing another tasty treat Teresa.