This is another great recipe out of an old Betty Crocker cookbook dated 1969. This is a very easy and tasty dessert. I hope you enjoy it. Prep time does not include chill time.
- Drain strawberries, reserving syrup.
- Pour boiling water over gelatin in bowl, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add enough cold water to reserved syrup to measure 1 cup; stir into dissolved gelatin. Chill until almost set.
- Beat gelatin until foamy. Fold whipped cream and thawed strawberries into gelatin. Pour into 1 quart mold or into individual dessert dishes and chill until firm.
- Unmold; if desired, serve with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with strawberries or other fruits.
Super quick, light, fluffy and it tastes like strawberries. Whats not to love? :D
What a lovely dessert, light, flavorful and refreshing. Just a perfect ending to our heavy meal. It was quick and easy to make with great results. Pretty to look at also. I love that it uses ingredients that I always have on hand. Next time I will add some sugar to the mix. I used berries that I picked and froze this summer. Thanks for sharing another tasty treat Teresa.
Great warm weather dessert, although I think we snacked on it to a point where there was little left for dessert, but then, I've always been a firm believer that desserts are at their greatest when snacked on or served BEFORE dinner! Anyway, this was wonderful, for sure, especially if you're like we are & love strawberries! Refreshing & simple! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]