Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
We're right in the middle of bountiful strawberry season. We eat strawberries on everything in the summer, don't you? Did you know that most strawberry farmers have to use organic growing conditions ANYWAY to get strawberries to grow, even if their farm is not certified organic? And that frozen, fresh, organic or not, just EAT THEM anyway you can get them in your body. The nutritional value is the same. I'm sharing one of my favorite items from a Strawberry Get-Together with you. Cuz it's awesome. And because a lot of people have been bugging me for this recipe.
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (juice of 1 lime = 1 ounce)
- 5 -6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 3⁄4 ounces white rum
- 2 -3 small strawberries, sliced
- ice cube
- 3 ounces club soda (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime juice and basil leaves in the bottom of a highball glass; use a wooden spoon to muddle the basil.
- Stir in rum and strawberries.
- Fill glass with ice cubes and top with club soda.
- Garnish with a lime slice and a whole strawberry, and serve.
- Makes 1 cocktail.