1/1 Photo of Strawberry-Basil Jam
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Strawberry and Basil are a wonderful combination. The sweetness of the strawberries goes well together with the herbal flavors of basil. The lime adds the freshness, which I like about this jam. I'm using here the "Super Gelling Sugar" from Dr. Oetker (German brand), which makes it possible to reduce the sugar amount to 1/3 of fruit weigth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and hull strawberries. Cut strawberries into pieces. Then weight to make 1.2 kg fruit for jam.
- 2In a suited pot mix strawberries, super gelling sugar and lime juice.
- 3Let stand for 2 hours, mixing from time to time.
- 4Over medium high heat bring to a boil stirring all the time.
- 5Let boil strawberry mixture for 4 minutes, stirring all the time.
- 6Remove from heat and add lime peel. Mix.
- 7Add coarsely chopped basil and mix.
- 8Fill into twist off preserving jars and close jars. Let stand for 1 minute and then turn up side down. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over again. Let cool completely.
- 9NOTE on "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1". Dr. Oetker is a well known brand in Germany. There are several gelling sugars available. The "3:1" super gelling sugar already contains pectin and you only need 1/3 of sugar. If you can't get it, you could also use Dr. Oetker's 2:1 super gelling sugar. Follow the instructions on the package.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Basil Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: