- 3⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, cream Crisco, butter and sugar; add eggs and orange zest, mix well.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and stir into batter.
- Pour batter into 8 x 12" pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Top with strawberry jam and let cool.
- Top with chopped walnuts and cut into 1 x 3" bars.