Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from the back of a Martha White muffin mix years ago. It's so good, I can barely wait til the treat cools before digging in!
- 1 package strawberry muffin mix (6-8 uffin size)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- With fingertips or a pastry blender, combine muffin mix and butter until crumbly.
- Pat into an ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Spread jam over crust.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Sift confectioners sugar over jam.
- Cool and cut into squares.
I took the idea of the mix being too sweet and used my shortbread recipe, followed the recipe for adding the jam and confectioner's sugar and it turned out okay. Next time I think I will add coconut to the recipe. But thanks for the idea, it is great.
There were a bit too sweet and sticky for my liking. I'm not planning on making them again. It is a nice recipe for using up muffin mix.