Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious low cal treat
- 2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejello sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks
- Pour milk into blender container.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and blend at high speed for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
Made this to go with Father's Day Brunch. I reduced everything by half, except for the banana. Also, added about 4 fresh strawberries to the mix. Used vanilla soy milk, strawberry-banana flavored sugar-free gelatin and fresh homemade plain yogurt. The gelatin adds just the right amount of sweetness without added sugar. I will be trying this with other flavors of gelatin.
This was good!! Since I had half and half on hand, I used it instead of milk. I used 1 1/2 cups of the half and half and mixed a half cup of water in with that. I also used "regular" jello and not sugar free. I shared it with my neighbor who also liked it. It is very filling. I think this would be good with other flavors of jello as well. It was easy to make. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for a good recipe Pat.