Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mother and I came up with this--it's a bastardized version of several smoothie recipes we tried. This one worked best and tastes best!
- 1 cup white grape juice (or other mild juice)
- 1 scoop powdered soy protein concentrate (optional)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup silken tofu
- 6 -9 large frozen strawberries (unsweetened!)
- Blender with"ice breaker" power level is needed.
- Pour juice into blender.
- If adding protein powder, add now, and blend before continuing.
- Add strawberries, banana, tofu, blend using"ice breaker" speed, until smooth.
- If too thick, add more juice and blend more.
So yummy I wanted to lick the blender! The juice really makes the flavor zing! I used unflavored soy powder, white grape/peach juice, and a frozen "fruit for smoothies" mix containing chunks of strawberries, mangoes, & pineapple. I'm a tofu newbie so I'm not sure I had the right kind, but it worked. My husband and I had this for breakfast & it kept us both full until lunch!