Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A light, fruity and healthy summer dessert. It's a great way to get your family to eat their fruit, but it is also fancy enough for company. I believe I got this recipe from a TV cooking show a few years ago.
- 1 quart strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or to taste) or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
- 4 over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups milk
- Roughly mash the strawberries, leaving some chunks. Stir in sugar or Splenda. Mash bananas and add to strawberries. Mix well. Add orange juice and lemon juice. Stir in milk and blend well.
- Pour mixture evenly into 4 ice cube trays. Set trays on a cookie sheet (if desired) and set in freezer. Freeze solid.
- When ready to serve, put sherbet cubes in fancy dessert glasses. Let set a few minutes to thaw slightly.
- Note: You could also make these into popsicles for the little ones by putting sticks into them before freezing.
This is a great dessert for company served in clear crystal dishes and also for little ones by putting a popsicle stick in when freezing. Pretty and Delicious!