Recipe by JanuaryBride
Recipe is from Taste of Home's April/May 1999 edition. They call it a "cake", but there is no flour or cake mix. . .definitely more of a light dessert!!! This is delightful and perfect for spring/summer picnics and parties. Young and old alike love this one! NOTE: Cooking time listed is actually chill time in the fridge, not actually cooking time since this is a no bake recipe.
Top Review by Crowe's Nest
This is a very refreshing dessert. I have made it twice for different groups of people and it was well received both times. However, leftovers do not keep well as the the crust gets soggy once it has been cut into.
For the crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
For the Filling
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 (8 ounce) canscrushes pineapple, drained
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
For the topping
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar; press into an ungreased 13in x 9in x 2in dish. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread over the crust; chill for 30 more minutes.
- Layer with bananas, then ineapple, then strawberries.
- Carefully spread on Cool Whip and sprinkle with nuts. Chill until ready to serve.