Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make with only 4 ingredients. Moist and fluffy cupcakes with a strawberry center. Very yummy!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box banana cake mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Cake Mix)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry preserves (Don't use jelly!)
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream and eggs.
- Stir by hand until well blended.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups batter.
- Fill baking cups 1/2 full with remaining batter.
- Using a spoon, make an indentation in the center of each cup; fill immediately with heaping 1/2 teaspoon of the preserves.
- Spoon the reserved batter evenly over the preserves. The cups should be 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 Degrees F for about 20 to 30 minutes or until tops spring back when touched lightly in the center.
- Cool 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
- When cooled completely, store up to a week covered in the refrigerator.
- High Alititude (above 3,500 ft.): Add 1 1/2 tablespoons flour to cake mix. Bake at 375 Degrees F for 18 to 25 minutes.
- Variation: Use blueberry or other flavored preserves to make your favorite fruit-banana combination.