Recipe by dojemi
I found this recipe on a Fat-free Vegan site. I'm not a Vegan but it sounded delicious enough to save the recipe. This makes about 3 large servings. Add an extra frozen banana or cup of fruit for each additional serving. Prep time does not including the time to freeze the fruit.
- 2 frozen bananas (peel ripe bananas and wrap with plastic wrap before freezing solid)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (or fruit of choice)
- artificial sweetener, of choice (liquid sweeteners dissolve best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the frozen bananas out of the freezer and break them into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Place them and the strawberries into the food processor and allow them to sit for about 10 minutes, to thaw only slightly.
- Cover and start the food processor. (Don't be surprised when the processor bucks like an angry bull when the blade hits that frozen fruit!)
- With it running, add just a little bit of "milk" (you can also use water or juice here) to help the fruit blend smoothly.
- I recommend about 1/4 to 1/2 cup liquid for the amount of fruit used here.
- Stop the processor from time to time and scrape down the sides.
- Keep processing until the fruit is the smooth consistency of soft-serve ice cream.
- Add sweetener to taste and process briefly one more time.
- Serve immediately.
- Or you can put the whole processor into the freezer until you're ready to eat and give it another blending right before serving.
- The sorbet can also be stored in a plastic container for up to a few days and re-processed to soften.