Recipe by Blanket Girl
Yummy way to enjoy a fresh smoothie anytime. You can create an endless variety of combinations, use your imagination! Cooking time is chill time. If you use plain yogurt, add the sweetener of your choice. I like them with honey.
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup strawberry
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt or 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup honey (to taste, this is optional, Definitely use if you're using plain yogurt) or 1⁄4 cup artificial sweetener (to taste, this is optional, Definitely use if you're using plain yogurt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first five ingredients in the blender.
- Blend on high 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add honey or sweetener if you are using it.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Pour mixture into 2 ice cube trays.
- Freeze 3 hours or overnight, until solid.
- To make an instant smoothie, add your choice of liquid (milk, juice, water, etc.) to 5 smoothie cubes in the blender, blend until creamy.