Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can also thicken smoothies with "Thicken-Up" or "Clear-Jel" which is a modifed food starch that thickens without having to be cooked. It is available from restaurant supply stores.
- 10 ounces fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 2 firm bananas
- 3 tablespoons sugar or 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup ice cube
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup yogurt or 3⁄4 cup kefir or 3⁄4 cup coconut water
- Wash strawberries and remove banana peels.
- In a blender, process all ingredients until smooth.
- For a little extra flavor, a few drops of vanilla or almond extract may be used, but do not overdo as a few drops go a long way.